注册 登录
光学薄膜论坛 返回首页

jimtogwith22的个人空间 http://bbs.opcoating.com/?63645 [收藏] [复制] [分享] [RSS]

日志

Boat Shoes How to identify a fake Moncler jacket

已有 238 次阅读2016-5-17 22:19 | Hermes Lindy

Out of all of the varieties of fake Moncler logos, this one seems to be the most common:

Notice how MON and CLER appear to be separated by a gap and the letters follow the shape of a V rather than a smooth arc along the bottom?  In addition, the font is not even close to an authentic one.  Pay attention to this fake logo because you will see it a lot on ebay.  In fact, I have recently seen a fake Moncler with this very logo selling for over $800.
Fake Moncler logos come in all shapes and sizes with crooked lettering, inconsistent spacing and sometimes just plain sloppy workmanship.  Anytime you are looking to buy a Moncler jacket, insist on seeing a close up photo of the logo and compare it to an authentic one as pictured in this guide.
Keep in mind that NOT ALL Moncler jackets have this logo.  While most of them do, especially the shiny down jackets, there are a few select models each year that for some reason Moncler decided not to put an exterior logo on.
The Moncler logo is most commonly found on the left sleeve up toward the shoulder, either on a small pocket or directly on the sleeve, and on vests and some models of jackets it is found on the front chest area.  The logo is NEVER sewn to the hood of any jacket or vest.

Every authentic Moncler logo patch is machine cut and exactly the same size.  The width, marked in red should be 3.7 cm or 1-7/16 inches.  The height, marked in blue, should be 3.4 cm or 1-5/16 inches.  The only exception to this is the logo patch from jackets 2008 and earlier where the patch is larger and should be exactly 7.5 cm or 2-15/16 inches wide and 6.5 cm or 2-9/16 inches high.

UPDATE FOR 2015:  It appears that Moncler's logo design has changed just a bit.  Recently I was sent photos of a logo by someone asking if it was fake and I was suspicious because some of the lettering looked a bit different than I was used to seeing.  However, Moncler was sent the photos and determined the jacket to be authentic so needless to say I was a bit puzzled.  Well, I took several photos of logos at a high end department store in Chicago and here is an example:

If you study these closely and compare some of the letters to the above logo you may notice a slight variance in the letters N, C and E and R for sure, especially the top half of the R.  While I used to consider such imperfections to be a sign of a fake, it appears that Moncler has perhaps changed manufacturers when it comes to the logo and they are not as consistent as they used to be.
PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THIS LOGO:

This is from the batch of 2015 counterfeits mentioned above that are nearly identical to an authentic Moncler in every way, including a cloned QR code that matches the model of jacket.  There are at least 6 different sellers on ebay selling these well made counterfeits and many buyers have been, and will continue to be fooled.  Notice the letter R in this logo, how the right "leg" of the letter extends all the way to the top left corner.  The "R" in an authentic Moncler logo WILL NOT look like this.  See above photos for comparison.

QR CODE TAG:  As of fall 2013, Moncler jackets have a hologram QR code tag for authenticity.  This is what the tag will look like:

This tag is always hidden behind the rest of the tags sewn to the side seam on women's jackets, and it is located in an inside pocket in men's jackets, again, behind the rest of the tags.  You should beware of any Moncler jackets being sold as "Brand new with tags" that do not contain such a tag but QR code tags are also being counterfeited. 
The photo below is one example of a faked QR code tag seen on an ebay sale.  Notice how the reflective image is turned 90 degrees to the tag?  An authentic one will not look like that.  This jacket ALSO had a certilogo tag - careless counterfeiting.

When viewing a QR code tag,Converse Shoes cheap 2016 online, LOOK CLOSELY.  There are some well made fake Monclers out there with QR codes that match the model of jacket and when checking on Moncler's website you may think you have an authentic one when it's really a fake.  Here is one example of a fake QR code:

In comparison so the authentic one at the bottom, notice how the font used in the word MONCLER on the top tag is different?  Also, the center emblem above the N and C is a multi-colored hologram that changes colors at different angles.  Spotting these details would require a magnifying glass, a good zoomed photo, strong reading glasses, or really good vision, but these are small details that you need to pay close attention to because counterfeiters are getting better at being deceptive.  The top QR code DID match the jacket it was on but it's a fake so you can't trust the authenticity tag alone.
SIZING/SIZE TAG:  Moncler always uses their own sizing system on their jackets.  It is usually a number from 0 to 7, however in some cases there will be a 00 or a number greater than 7.  Moncler has never,cheap shoes 2016, ever, ever used any other sizing on their men's and women's jackets, such as US sizing (S-M-L-XL, etc) or Italian sizing such as a number 34 or greater.  Also, the size tag is NEVER sewn to the center of the brand label.  Most often it is sewn to the side seam up near the collar but in older jackets (pre 2006) it is sewn to only the left side of the brand label, never the center.  The tags shown here are all from fake Monclers.

NOT made In Italy/France:  Although Moncler originated in France and then was bought out by an Italian company, production of their signature shiny nylon down jackets is not done in those countries, at least, not since 2006.  Any Moncler being sold with a label that says it was made in Italy or France is suspicious, and MANY fakes do say Italy or France on the label.  The production of Moncler's signature shiny nylon coats is done in countries such as Romania, Armenia, Bulgaria, Moldova/Moldavia, Hungary and Georgia (the country, not the US state).  Jackets produced for the US market have a separate "Made In" tag sewn to the collar seam.  The larger tag on the right is found on pre-2009 models:

Moncler jackets produced for the European market state the country of manufacture only on the tag containing the jacket model and do not have a separate ",Sinful Womens Short Sleeve Tee;made in",Ferragamo Bags; tag. 

There are some Moncler jackets that are produced in Italy but they are generally much less common styles from different collections.

Cartoon: The Moncler cartoon is never brightly or vividly colored.  Sometimes the cartoon will even have a faded look to it.  This is what an authentic cartoon commonly looks like:

The cartoon on most fakes will have bright vivid colors or dark tones such as on these 3 fakes:

The cartoon is always located on the inside front panel of the jacket, almost always the left side (when wearing the jacket).  The cartoon is NEVER located on the inside BACK panel of the jackets.  I have seen a few fakes with the cartoon sewn to the inside back lining.
Also, on authentic Monclers, over time and use of the jacket, the cartoon tends to fray on the edges and come loose.  I have seen this on many Moncler jackets.  Yes, it is a sign of poor quality when it comes to the cartoon material, but it is quite common and is not necessarily any indication of being a fake.
Certilogo:  From 2009 through summer 2013, Moncler had used the certilogo authenticity system in all of their jackets.  This is what an authentic certilogo tag looks like:

It is always 4 sets of 3 numbers in the colors RED BLUE BLUE RED with a space between each set of 3. The certilogo tag in an authentic Moncler will look exactly like this photo with all numbers clearly visible and all text clearly readable.  The certilogo tag is ALWAYS the first tag to the left sewn to the side seam.  The side of the tag containing the number always faces inside toward the other tag(s), never outside.  Below are examples of 3 fake certilogo tags:

Women's jackets have all of the tags sewn to the side seam while men's jackets with a certilogo tag will have just the certilogo tag and the down certification tag sewn there, while the rest of the tags are inside an internal pocket. 
Certilogo was discontinued by Moncler as of fall 2013 when they went with their own QR Code system as mentioned previously.  Certilogo codes can no longer be verified on certilogo's website but they can be checked on Monclers website.  Many fakes have a number that does not exist in Moncler's database and an attempt to check the number prompts the user to contact Moncler customer service by email regarding the issue.  Other fakes will have a number that was copied from another Moncler jacket but the number associates with a different model of jacket than the one it is on.  This video explains it well:

Online Shopping:  Other than Moncler's official website, do not trust any other site using the Moncler name in their web address or any site calling themselves a "Moncler outlet store".  These sites are set up intentionally to be deceptive, using authentic Moncler photos and logos but they are all Chinese counterfeit factories.  Any sites using generic words in the web address such as jackets, sale, cheap, wholesale, etc. are NEVER authentic Moncler dealers.  Also, any website selling the full winter line year round is a counterfeiter.  Moncler's winter line is very limited, and available from about September through January for the most part until all stock is sold out.

When it comes to all of the details of a Moncler jacket, this video covers them all:

If you have a question about the authenticity of a particular Moncler jacket, feel free to contact me.  I am always willing to help.  If you wish to do so, please contact me through the ebay messaging system rather than commenting below through facebook.  I do not receive notifications when someone posts a comment below and I seldom check them.

路过

鸡蛋

鲜花

握手

雷人

评论 (0 个评论)

facelist doodle 涂鸦板

您需要登录后才可以评论 登录 | 注册

本站邀请注册说明!

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|光学薄膜信息网  

GMT+8, 2024-7-6 12:08 , Processed in 0.018980 second(s), 18 queries .